July 16, 2017

#WeWriWa Never Say Die: A Zombie Time Loop Story #zombie #paranormal #apocalyptic #groundhogday

Happy Sunday! Picking up where I left off, Cassy has spied her parents. But they're dead? Here are 8-10 sentences, as you can find from all the other Weekend Writing Warriors.


“Mom?” I ask, choking on the word. “Dad?” I run to them and hug my mother tightly. Maybe I am in heaven.
“Cassy, what’s wrong, honey? Weren’t you having fun?” she asks, smoothing my hair.
“Fun?” I ask, incredulous. “Yeah, lots of fun. It’s great watching monsters tear apart everyone you love.” The tears that started at the sight of my parents multiply and roll down my cheeks. “Really riotous.”

You can purchase Never Say Die on most platforms or in paperback:
AmazonNookKoboiBookspaper.

18 comments:

  1. Wait, her parents are dead? But she's touching them, talking to them? So many questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you use a zombie hashtag, I assume her parents are zombies . . . though I could be wrong. Zombies are nasty critters: I just now watched them destroy Toronto's City Hall in Resident Evil Apocalypse. Nasty, nasty things. They should really bathe more often. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how her parents will react to that statement. How confusing it would be for her too to find out she's in a time loop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've left us with questions today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This continues to be a really interesting story with some good twists and turns. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really makes me think what her parents know and don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun? What the heck is going on here? All kinds of intriguing story questions coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stuck in a time loop with zombies and undead parents? Doesn't sound like heaven to me. Fun snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me among those intrigued as well. Anxious to know who's alive and who's dead. Like the humour you injected into the dialogue. Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So she's looped back to a time before the zombies attack? Is that how she can save the world? Lots of possibilities at this point. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the 'choking on the word' part, brings a lot of emotion to this section.#wewriwa

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's got to break your brain - caught in that horrid loop.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my first experience with a time loop (thanks to Jessica for mentioning it). I'll be interested to observe what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The time loop idea makes a lot of sense. How terrible for her to relive such an awful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with everyone else. Who's dead and who isn't? Time loop?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm intrigued to know more. Her parents are dead so how is the scene happening? Dream? She's dead too? She was bitten. Hmm... yes, many questions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clearly something weird has happened. Her parents aren't dead, for one thing!

    ReplyDelete